JOB AND DUTIES LOGISTIC OFFICER
Coordinate and Track Shipments
Once order requests or purchase orders are received, Among the tasks that might need to be completed in this responsibility include freight consolidation, cost analysis, routing and scheduling. Logistic Officers must also track shipments to ensure they arrive on time and that shipment and delivery processes adhere to any pertinent regulations.
A Logistic Officer is typically responsible for the storage of materials that are to be used or that will be shipping out to other locations.
Analyze Supply Chain Systems
The Logistic Officer must ensure that all aspects of a logistics team, such as shipping, warehousing and procurement, are working together to fill orders and deliver materials on a timely basis. They will review all processes and systems and design and implement new plans and procedures as needed. They are also responsible for creating and maintaining contingency plans.
· Understanding warehouse and inventory computer systems
· Creating shipping/delivery routes and schedules
· Tracking shipment progress
· Understanding safety/security processes and procedures
· Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
· Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
· Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
· Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
· Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
· Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
· Handle HAZ-MAT materials
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel
Arabic language is not a must but an advantage.