ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Note: The following list of essential functions is not exhaustive, and may be supplemented as necessary)
- Manage staff and all functions of the accounting department, which includes month and year end processes, cash receipts, accounts payable/receivable, payroll and utilities, forecasting, capital assets reconciliations, fixed asset activity, and trust account statement reconciliations.
- Oversee a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and support of budget activities.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data, including revenue and expenditure variance analysis, and produce financial reports or statements.
- Assist Controller in the development and management of accounting principles, policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Coordinate and complete annual audits.
- Ensure department objectives are met timely and with the highest level of quality and accuracy.
- Motivate, coach, and develop all employees within the department. Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
Respond to inquiries from the Chief Financial Officer, Controller, and other company wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and provide recommendations as needed. PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform all other duties as assigned. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and at least 5 years
accounting experience. Proven working experience as Accounting Manager or Finance Manager. SKILLS: Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, attention to detail and advanced computer skills on Microsoft Office, accounting software and databases required. Ability to manipulate large amounts of data, direct and supervise is key. Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations is essential. CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSE: Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.