Primary Purpose of the Job:
- To be the QP company representative on the offshore jack-up drilling rig and thereby to be responsible for all operations on the rig, and to ensure they are performed in a safe and efficient manner and achieve their objectives.
- Direct and control operations at the rig site to ensure they are performed in accordance with QP requirements and without any accidents of any kind.
- Ensure that the operations are efficiently and safely performed in compliance with the approved drilling or work over program, the Drilling Reference Manual (DRM) the Drilling Department "golden rules" and that all rig site personnel are aware of and adhere to these requirements.
- Manage HSE at the rig site as the highest priority by demonstrating visible HSE leadership and an unrelenting commitment to a safe working environment. Monitor, train and support new QP graduate engineers which shall include assigning specific tasks to broaden the learning process to ensure effective on the job training and development of Qatari nationals.
- BSc degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- IWCF Certified at Supervisor level.
Experience & Skills:
- At least 10 years experience in drilling operations including 5 years as an Offshore Drilling Supervisor. Experience in workover operations in gas and horizontal wells is preferred
- Strong leadership and people management skills with a good awareness of cultural sensitivities.
- Excellent communication skills in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
- Commitment and passion for managing HSE.
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver the targets in an efficient and problem free manner.
- Ability to make the correct operational decisions based on systematic analysis with rigorous attention to detail.
In order to enhance theauthenticity of this job portal, we have linked original URL of this job post leading to source for your application purpose which can be verified.
This way, OWCareers.com acts an index of:
- jobs picked by our experts, verified, categorized and linked to source websites; and
- jobs posted by other users.
In order to index this post, we had to use some judgement and arbitrary values as information required was either not available, or was very general in nature and subject to our interpretation, i.e. required skills, Subfunctions, published date, closing date and estimated salary etc. Any terms, quotations or enquiries should always be derived from and referred to source website.
You are,also, welcome to create your profile here and apply on this page. We shall take your profile to the employer but we cannot guarantee that employer shall be reviewing these application. By applying on this job post, you indemnify us of any severe consequences in this regard. If you don’t indemnify us, please do not use this website.
If the post is removed or closed from source site, please consider this post as closed and don’t apply.In order to familiarize the employer with this website experience, we have created this trial account from publically available information and posted this job from job-post-version available on the company site with some assumptions. We shall send collected profiles to the company. For any further information or explanation, you can contact us through Contact Us page.