The Company firmly believes in and strives for protecting the privacy of its users. Our goal is to provide you with a secure online experience and to ensure that any information submitted to us is private and used / disclosed only for the purposes and inthe purposes and in the means described below.
As a career site, owcareers.com will ask job seekers, partners and employers to submit information relevant to the job / candidate search in order to conduct / optimize the search / filter functionality. All information is submitted exclusively on a voluntary basis. Please find below details of our member privacy practices.
We act as Data Controller as per definition given in GDPR.
To fully participate in our job and candidate databases or filter or search these, we require you to register as the Website’s member.
- Non-registered users are also granted partial participation access e.g. non-registered job seekers may view job vacancies published.
- Non-registered partners are also granted partial participation access e.g. to view job vacancies published.
- Non registered companies can view short details of the job seekers.
To register, we will ask for contact information (job seekers, partner and employers) and information on your company (employers and partners). The Website is the sole owner of information collected on the registration and / or edit pages and we will not disclose this information to anyone outside of Jobs Overseas (Private) Limited and its related parties. Your contact information (such as name, skype ID, phone number and email address etc may, however, be used to contact you about any features / services on our site which we believe may be of interest.
Our goal is to provide our users with a personalized experience every time they log onto the Website and to that end, we may direct you to jobs / articles / forums etc. that we think may assist you in your career / lifestyle activities.
The details collected do not include credit card details. All credit card information will not be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
Members have the option of posting their CVs. You may edit / change information in your profile at any point in time. You may also remove your profile and CVs from our databases at any point in time.
In order to facilitate the users finding the perfect CV, we convert your CV into txt format using some software tools which have an inherent limitation of error in translation or conversion. You understand this limitation.
If you upload your CV without creating your profile, you information is visible to the employers who search in our database.
Members have the option to link their external profiles on different other social media websites (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook etc ) to the Website. The other users (members and non-members) will have the option to view your profiles and can follow these links to know more about yourself. You may also remove these links from our databases at any point in time.
Your submitted detail may be viewed by our moderators and matched to the cvs uploaded and the links to your external profiles. To make is consistent and more appropriate, our moderators may amend the profile information the Website. However, we shall not and can not change any information in your resume and the external profiles.
The Company also publishes jobs from different channels like social media, other job portals, recruiters websites, companies websites and newspapers etc. We also provide verification link to each job post and give full credit to the source from where the job is collected. If you have any concern, you may contact us with for any error or omission or to remove the page or particular job post.
The sole purpose is to promote your brand and providing a platform that contains comprehensive list of jobs and jobseekers with references to their external profiles.
Permission to access other accounts like Gmail, Linkedin etc.
We are committed to provide innovative solutions to our clients and to improve the functionality and user experience. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of your information and shall not share your information with anyone unless we get your permission.
Our Gmail app will have access to basic data from your account like your name, email, gender, or country, send emails on your behalf, view your email messages and settings and view your contacts.
There are many job posts on our portal that can be applied through email. To facilitate in your job applications, we get permission to send email from your account and apply on jobs. To ensure its delivery and to identify any bounces, we get permission to access inbox electronically. We ensure that no email messages are downloaded or read by any human beings, your information is safe with us.
- We may send marketing messages.
- We will never ask for your passwords, change your password or will delete your account.
- We will never pay with Google Wallet on your behalf
- We will not sell or share your information with any third party.
You can always revoke this permission by login your gmail or by login to your account with OWCareers.
Employers are asked to submit contact information and information about the position requirements as part of their job posting activity. Information is submitted purely voluntarily. Job details may be viewed by any registered and non-registered job seeker members.
However, non-members cannot apply or contact the Employers. The employers may delegate the work of job posting to individuals. It is also allowed that users can post a job opening on your behalf which we shall publish considering it to the benefit of Employers. In case of your disagreement, please resolve with the user at your end and write directly to us. The employers and the users accept full responsibility in this regard and the Company accepts no responsibility. The liability of the Company is limited to providing the available contact information of the person making such profile and posts. It is an inherent limitation of such a social media site and the Company is not a party to this.
You may change / modify / delete any information you provide at any point in time.
Registered job seekers, partners and employers have access to a personal workspace from where they can manage / document their job / job seekers search and view / edit their profiles. All information in this space can only be viewed by the registered user(s) and accessed after logging in with your password.
Partners can view / manage / edit the information about themselves and about the jobs seekers that they are managing after logging in.
Privacy Commitment Change
Cancellations and Refunds
For cancellations and refunds, please contact on the “Contact Us” page. Any cancellation or refund will happen based on the Company's sole discretion, and it will be reviewed on case by case basis.
The Company is committed to safeguarding the privacy of OWCareers.com visitors and registered users which include jobseekers, employers, partners and VA clients.
We are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of OWCareers.com and OWPrime.com visitors and other users. We have incorporated privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data.
According to Article 5 of GDPR, personal data of users and visitors shall be:
a. processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
b. collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
c. adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
d. accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
e. kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
f. processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
GDPR - General Provisions
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by the Company which include, names, emails, contact numbers, address, city, employers, social profiles, online profiles, degrees and educational records, govt issued identity card numbers, skills, functions, industries, preferences, IP addresses, browser information, contacts of users and some partial information about visitors.
- We have appointed full time Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for ongoing compliance with this policy. DPO may be reached at Contact Us.
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually.
- The Company is registered with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, Federal Board of Revenue, and Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
GDPR - Lawful, Fair And Transparent Processing
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, we maintain a Register of Systems.
- The Register of Systems is reviewed at least annually.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to the charity shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
GDPR - Lawful Purposes
- All data processed by us for the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests .
- The Company shall note the appropriate lawful basis in the Register of Systems.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent is kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent is clearly available and systems are in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in our systems.
GDPR - Data Minimisation
We ensure that personal data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
GDPR - Accuracy
- We take reasonable steps to ensure accuracy of data with us and provide permission and access to users to update any information that is inaccurate or expired.
- Personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, we have in place an archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why.
GDPR - Security
- The Company shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
- Access to personal data is limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions are in place.
GDPR - Breach
- We have sophisticated system in place to ensure safety of users and visitors data.
- In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, the Company shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and inform the authorities concerned and also shall inform the users affected in any way.